How fast or slow do you want your instrumental to be?
I thought this was an interesting new way to order beats. Well, maybe its not new. I.d.k. maybe you have heard of this before?
Its funny because there is a name for everything, even the ranges for tempo. Check it out below.
From slowest to fastest:
- Larghissimo – very, very slow (24 BPM and under)
- Grave – very slow (25–45 BPM)
- Lento – slowly (45–50 BPM)
- Largo – broadly (50–55 BPM)
- Larghetto – rather broadly (55–60 BPM)
- Adagio – slow and stately (literally, “at ease”) (60–72 BPM)
- Adagietto – slower than andante (72–80 BPM)
- Andantino – slightly slower than andante (although in some cases it can be taken to mean slightly faster than andante) (80–84 BPM)
- Andante – at a walking pace (84–90 BPM)
- Andante moderato – between andante and moderato (thus the name andante moderato) (90–96 BPM)
- Marcia moderato – moderately, in the manner of a march (83–85 BPM)
- Moderato – moderately (96–108 BPM)
- Allegro Moderato – moderately fast (108-112 BPM)
- Allegretto – close to but not quite allegro (112–120 BPM)
- Allegro – fast, quickly, and bright (120–168 BPM) (molto allegro is slightly faster than allegro, but always in its range)
- Vivace – lively and fast (132–144 BPM)
- Vivacissimo – very fast and lively (144–160 BPM)
- Allegrissimo (or Allegro Vivace) – very fast (145–167 BPM)
- Presto – extremely fast (168–200 BPM)
- Prestissimo – even faster than Presto (200 BPM and over)
So if you end up on a beats website, <—-Bam, right there) you can ask for a moderato (96- 108 bpm) with strings, or for the trap beats lovers out there you can ask your producer for something a little more andantino with some fast hats. With Dr dre beats, he uses, well at least he used to use andante. The nice steady walking pace beats with the funk hits included.
So this was just a little insight into the world of melodies and harmonies, if you wanna learn more just sign up to my mailing list where I show artist how to use the rap beats they buy to make money with their music click here to signup.